Friday, November 28, 2003

It's all gone except for the bones.
And some stuffing.
And some of the less popular sides, like the salads and stuff.

It went well, the first Thanksgiving at my house... Smoked a 22lb turkey for 7 hours at 250 and it turned out grrrrrrrrrreat. The dogs are devouring the legbones as we speak. They think it's Christmas.

We had 16 people over, my mom's side of the family minus Uncle John who lives in Chicago. He spent yesterday with my Aunt from my other side of the family... That could get confusing. Jeff came over, got here early and I put him to work. He's not technically family. You should be able to make ammendments to a family tree and add people that aren't actualy related. May do some trades like they do in football. If that was the case, I would have been gone long ago...

My Grandmom made her cranberries, a mixture of cranberries and jell and nuts with cream cheese on the top. You can't explain it, and you can't duplicate it.

My first wife and mother of my son made the stuffing... And like the turkey, it we were on edge until it came out and was just as good as the turkey. Chesnut, onion and cornbread. Tons of onions, but they weren't overpowering at all. So good, in fact, that Luke and I had some for breakfast this morning.

It was good to have everyone together. I liked having it at my house, I guess I just like being in control that way. It's more work, but I think it's fun. Everybody else helped clean up, and I like the cooking side of it.

It was nice and uneventful, just the way I like it. Just one more thing to be thankful for this year. Now I've got to go screw up the peace... DVD players are on sale at Circuit City until noon today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home