Monday, October 07, 2002



Mandy and I went to the Amon Carter Musem the other day.
You know, since it's about half a mile from my house, and I drive past it nearly every day, I thought it
would be a good idea to go check it out. It's one of the reasons I wanted to live here in the Cultural District,
to better my life, instead of living in the Illiterate District...

They have an exhibit right now called celebrating america, masterworks of texas collection.
I was expecting a lot of Western art, which they did have. A lot of stuff that was part of Carter's original collection
was there, including Remington which I've always thought was realy cool. They also had the picture at the top,
can't remember the name of that artist (Nordfelt?), Stuart Davis (picture below), Georgia O'Keffe, a photography exhibit,
and a whole lot more. Really cool stuff, and well worth the price of admission and parking - Free.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home