Wednesday, September 18, 2002

I have now been taken off the phone list at work... What are they trying to say?
I don't start my new job for a couple of weeks.
Speakin of the new job, I've been doing a little reading this week since I'm going to be moving into a new sales position. A lot of the stuff out there is hoky corny obvious stuff, but there's also a lot of stuff that's pretty good. A lot is common sense, and I think reading it confirms what you think, and I need to keep having this pounded in my head until it takes hold of the grey matter and it's what I think off the bat.
So far, I've read 100 Unbreakable Business Laws (paraphrase of the title, can't remember it) by Brain Tracy. really good. Covers everything broken down by business function, and it's a lot of the common sense stuff that goes beyond accounting and business law, and how to build on the talents you have. It'd be a good study book, each chapter has an exerscise on how to apply each function. After that, I read sales prospecting for dummies. Didn't like it too much, didn't get much out of it. I guess I'm not a dummy.
Next on the list is 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (recommended by a fellow blogger) and that book about what they didn't teach you at Harvard Business School. No, I didn't go to Harvard, but I'm sure it applies to graduates of Tarelton as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home