Friday, August 16, 2002

The US PGA championship is in progress, and Dallasboy Justin Leonard is moving in fast. I'll be following it this weekend. I don't know what it is about watching golf, but I really do like it. I guess because it's something that you can kinda follow for a few days and then kick back and watch the last couple hours on Sunday when you're read to unwind. It's early on, Tiger's way back, but he'll be running up later on, and I think he'll be a contender by the time it's all over. Phil Mickelson's always one of my favorites, but I have a feeling that he'll be drinking Amstel Light in the clubhouse with the golf groupies by the time the leaders are rouding the 9th hole. I dare him to prove me wrong.

Golf is a funny thing... No body in my immediate family has played, or my grandparents. I got into it about 2 or 3 years ago, and it's been a good deal. Not that I'm even close to good, but it's been fun. I've never been good enough to play basketball or softball on a league or anything, but golf has always been something fun. My friend Brent made me realize what I like about it... You're competing with yourself. No matter who you're playing with, you are the only one that you're up against. I'm still on the drive to break 100. I haven't played in about 6 weeks. I made myself quit for a while becase I was taking it too seriously, and it was taking the fun out of it. But I'm about to get back into it again. The weather's about to cool off. It's about to be here. If I can get in the groove where I'm writing a lot and playing golf enjoyably, I think I've got it going on pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home