Tuesday, August 20, 2002

I copied this picture us us off Earl Bishop's site... It's when we played at Jim's Corner Icehouse in Houston a few months ago. Pretty fun time.
I played two nights in a row. Left right after work on Friday, got there about 10:30, well after the crowd had thinned out. Jason David Hiatt played with me that night. A few friends showed up later on, including songwriter Aaron Cain, and we played until about 1 or 1:30 or so. This one chick, a big burly gal, came up and bought a CD and said she liked the music and stuff, and wanted to know when we were playing again. Told her tomorrow night, she said she'd be back and bring her friends. The next night, she showed back up. Then another tough chick, then another, then another tough chick couple, then a group. Thought they must have been a softball team or something... Until they started dancing. I wouldn't have wanted to arm wrestle a single one of them. It was kinda weird at first, but they ended up being a really cool group of people. And now that I think about it, I don't care if I'm playing Lillith Fest if people are showing up... The funny part (and the point of this story) is that Earl didn't even notice that they were all chicks. He tought they were just a bunch of tought looking hetero's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home