Monday, July 22, 2002

I guess absentmindedly I had taken my wedding ring off earlier when I wasn't thinking about it because i never take it off... I looked at my finger and was suprised/shocked and immediately assumed I lost it yesterday when i was washing paint off my hands. Probably down in the drain somewhere. But, i stood up, and clink bliing bling clink it had somehow fallen off and was in my lap. So, I picked it up and put it back on. Then I got to thinking... In the way I think at 2 million miles and hour, i was sure absolutely positive i had lost it and it was gone. I'd have to go to the jewelry store and buy a new one, probably about $300 I'd have to shell out. but now I'm thinking, I just saved myself $300 in less than a minute! How cool is that? So, I've pretty much got $300 burning a hole in my pocket, and I'm going to have to spend at least some of it since I've done such a good job of saving money. I think it was Benjamin Franklin that said a penny saved is a penny earned, so I've managed to do that about 30,000 times in less than five minutes.

I think I'll go get a new fly rod, maybe some new stuff from the bookstore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home